Discover the heavenly gastronomic secrets that Downtown Mexico City has to offer and that only a food expert knows about.
When: Monday – Saturday
Time: 12 p.m. in English | 12:30 p.m. in Spanish
Duration: 4 hours approximately
Group size: 10 people per tour
Meeting location: Jalapa 117, Roma Norte
Available languages: English and Spanish
Type of tour: Walking tour
Taste Colonia Roma’s Flavors Like a Local!
Colonia Roma is a charming and beautiful neighborhood in Mexico City. In recent years, it has become the showcase for the best Mexican cuisine. Chefs, restaurant owners, and foodies recognize it as the place where the gastronomic trends in Mexico are set.
We take you to seven places where you taste mouthwatering dishes with the unique flavor that La Roma has to offer: the most delicious fish tacos, mouthwatering contemporary dishes, tasty tamales, creative signature cuisine, Mexican wine, craft beer, mezcal, and heavenly Mexican coffee brewed by extraordinary baristas. Meet the people behind the food, listen to their stories, and discover the restaurant concepts so you can discover why Mexican food is special and unique.
You walk with a local expert to discover the stunning architecture of mansions and buildings, lovely squares, and fountains while you have fun learning the amusing tales of famous people and the backstories of Colonia Roma.
- Savory fish tacos with the unique flavor of the coast
- Exquisite signature Mexican cuisine paired with wine
- Tasty contemporary Mexican food and mezcal
- The best and first microbrewery in Mexico City
- The most popular gourmet market in the city
- Authentic and traditional Mexican food
- Taste delicious Mexican specialty coffee
- All the tastings (enough for lunch)
- Neighborhood guide
- Bottle of water
- Options available for vegetarians, vegans, allergies, and special dietary needs
- Places and food tastings are subject to change without notice.
- Our walking food tours do not include transportation.
- Weather conditions: Tour takes place rain or shine.
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before a tour.
Built in the early twentieth century, Colonia Roma was one of the first residential districts in the city, today it is one of the most popular colonies, where the best of vintage and current trends are mixed. The essence of this place is gastronomy and architecture, as you’ll find everything from traditional Mexican cuisine to quirky fusions. What characterizes the architecture of this place are its different styles, among them predominate Art Nouveau, eclectic and Art Deco.