Colonia Roma is a charming and beautiful neighborhood in Mexico City. In recent years, it has become the showcase for the best Mexican cuisine.
When: Monday – Sunday
Time – Monday to Friday: 12:00 p.m. in English | 12:30 p.m. in Spanish
Time – Saturdays & Sundays: 11:30 a.m. in English | 12:00 p.m. in Spanish
Duration: 5 hours approximately
Group size: 10 people per tour
Meeting location: Luis Moya 59, Centro
Languages Available: English or Spanish
Type of tour: Walking tour
Taste Authentic Mexican Food in the Historic City Center!
Discover the heavenly gastronomic secrets that Downtown Mexico City has to offer that only a food expert knows. The Historic Center is where the millenary traditions meet the unique flavors of authentic Mexican food. Get ready for an exquisite culinary adventure!
You get to savor more than 13 tastings of traditional food from eight enticing places. We take you to Mercado de San Juan, a street food stand, a classic cantina, traditional restaurants, contemporary places, specialty stores, and the oldest candy store in Latin America. Be ready to go from delightful pre-Hispanic dishes to exquisite modern food.
Our foodie expert walks with you off the beaten path to explore the lovely streets, the elegant palaces, and the charming squares while you hear the entertaining stories, legends, and history that make Mexico City a magical place.
- The best and oldest candy store in Mexico
- Authentic pre-Hispanic and exotic food
- The best seafood in the Historic Center
- Exquisite contemporary Mexican food
- Delicious Mexican cheeses and meats
- The quintessential traditional cantina
- Delightful edible organic flowers and vegetables
- Typical Oaxacan food
- All the tastings (enough for lunch)
- Neighborhood guide
- Bottle of water
- Options available for vegetarians, vegans, allergies, and special dietary needs
- Places and food tastings are subject to change without notice.
- Our walking food tours do not include transportation.
- Weather conditions: Tour takes place rain or shine.
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before a tour.